Pentax Clip-on GPS unit for DSLR
Pentax Imaging rolls out a new accessory for digital SLR cameras which will help you add additional important data to your precious, captured moments.
Pentax’s clip-on GPS unit, called O-GPS1 is capable to Geotag your images with comprehensive information about latitude, longitude, altitude, and universal time coordinated (UTC), and also is equipped with an Electronic Compass function, which displays the camera’s direction on its LCD monitor. It is mounted on the hot shoe of select Pentax digital SLR cameras and si powered by single AAA battery.
- Geotags images for location information on popular photo sharing websites.
- Charts progress of a hike, bike, boat or other adventure trip with interval position tracking.
- A separate, efficient power source will not drain the camera’s battery during GPS operation.
- Supports terrestrial-based Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) for highly accurate positioning.
- An Electronic Compass function assists navigation.
The Pentax O-GPS1 unit will ship in July for $249.95 USD.