Pentax release 100mm F2.8 WR MACRO weather-resistant lens
PENTAX Imaging Company has announced the smc PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens designed for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras. Combining a high-quality exterior finish with PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction, this new macro lens is especially useful for the demands of outdoor photography.
This PENTAX macro lens features a high-grade, aluminum barrel with the high-quality, exclusive exterior design and finish unique to the PENTAX D FA series lenses. Further, the entire mechanism of the focus ring has been reviewed and upgraded to assure flawless manual-focus operation. For improved performance, the PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR is the first PENTAX interchangeable macro lens featuring a completely rounded diaphragm blade to create a natural, beautiful bokeh at wide apertures, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
PENTAX WR lenses feature simplified weather-resistant construction to repel water and moisture. Combined with a PENTAX weather-resistant K-7, K20D, K200D or K10D digital SLR camera body, the lens performs well in damp, inclement outdoor conditions including rain, mist, water spray and splashes.
The lens also features the PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) surface coating to repel dust, water and grease and to minimize fingerprints.
Other significant features of this latest WR lens include:
- Mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this lens offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm format for high-quality, true-to-life images, while minimizing flare and ghost images. The maximum life-size magnification allows photographers to capture dramatic close-up images with great ease.
- A working distance of just over five inches (13 cm) facilitates close-up photography of subjects including flora, insects, and wildlife.
- The PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- An image circle to accommodate 35mm film-format camera image size.
- Compatibility with the macro adapter included in the PENTAX AF160FC dedicated Auto Macro Ring Flash.
The PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens will ship in January 2010 for USD $849.95.
|smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mmF2.8 WR|
|Focal Length||100mm (Equivalent to 153mm in 35mm format)|
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 8 groups|
|Angle of View||16° (wiith PENTAX Digital SLR body)
24.5° (wiith 35mm Film SLR body)
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.303m (0.99 ft.)|
|Diaphragm Control||Fully Automatic|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Lens Aperture Ring||None|
|Maximum Diameter & Minimum Length||65mm x 80.5mm (2.6 inch x 3.2 inch)|
|Weight||340g (12 oz.)|
|Furnished accessory||Food, Case, and Lens Cap|
Rounded Diaphragm Blade
Quick-Shift Focus System
SP (Super Protect) Coating