Sony launches S-Frame digital photo frame with built-in printer
Sony Electronics is launching a stylish multitasking S-Frame® digital photo frame with printer (model DPP-F700).
The sleek, all-in-one device allows photo viewing and printing for picture lovers who enjoy displaying and sharing copies of their special memories. Showcasing your favorite photos in vibrant color and crisp detail, the DPP-F700 features a 7-inch (measured diagonally) (16:10) LCD display with WVGA (800 x 480) resolution.The device prints 4 x 6-inch professional quality 300 x 300 dpi photos instantly in just 45 seconds. Allowing you to edit images before printing, the device’s options include enlarge, reduce, crop, date stamp on/off, border/borderless (for single prints), and brightness, contrast, hue, and sharpness adjustment.
In Creative Print mode, you can make a calendar with pictures (more than 30 templates), print an ID photo, and create a “layout print” with multiple images on one sheet. Using Screen Capture, you can print exactly what is displayed on the screen during a slideshow. The frame-printer device features about one gigabyte of internal storage capacity with an auto-resizing adjustment that downsizes photos to let you store up to 2,000 photos.Image transfer is a snap with direct USB input from your PC, as well as support for most memory cards, including Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, Multi-Media Card (MMC), Compact Flash®, and xD-Picture Card™ media. Whether the device is set vertically or horizontally, the Auto Orientation sensor automatically rotates your photos into portrait or landscape format according to the placement.
- A wide range of view and print modes and many other functions can be managed from the included remote control.
- Multiple playback options offer flexibility to display photos as single images, as thumbnails for easy searching, or as a slideshow with ten built-in transitions.
- The new S-Frame model supports JPEG, TIFF, and BMP image file formats.
- Supplied accessories include a paper tray, AC adaptor, CD-ROM (print driver, PMB), operation manual, cleaning kit, and stand.
- Optional print packs include compatible SVM-F series: SVM-F40P (40 sheets of photo paper and cartridge), and SVM-F120P (120 sheets of photo paper and cartridges).
The DPP-F700 digital photo frame-printer will be available for about $200 in January and can be purchased online at http://www.sonystyle.com, at Sony Style® retail stores and at authorized dealers nationwide.