Playstation3 v3.30 Firmware Update Adds Support For 3D Games
Sony released a new system update for PlayStation 3 (PS3), which adding a few new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs
- Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
- Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
- Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
- Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)
- You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.
- [Bitstream (Direct)] and [Bitstream (Mix)] have been added as options under [Video Settings] > [BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)].
- 3D stereoscopic games are now supported. At the time of the system software release, there are no 3D stereoscopic games available for the PlayStation 3 system. The release of 3D stereoscopic games will be announced at a later date. If the TV in use supports 3D stereoscopic display, the screen from which you can set the TV size will be displayed when adjusting the video output settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the settings.
Source: Playstation Blog