MSI presents 3DMark record-holder N480GTX Lightning graphics card
“World’s fastest single GPU graphics card” – this is the new N480GTX Lightning graphics card by MSI, which feature “industry-first” Power4 Architecture, Twin Frozr III thermal solution and created the new world record of 3DMark Vantage at 39281 points.
The MSI N480GTX Lightning has a 480 CUDA Cores, a GPU clocked at 750 MHz and shader frequency of 1401 MHz with 1536MB GDDR5 memory at 4000 MHz. The card features, as MSI claims the industry-first Power4 Architecture “to enhance the relevant design and material of four types of power supply.” The graphics include 16 Phase PWM design to provide three times more electricity for the GPU, 6-pin power connector to power the memory, Copper MOS and Military Class components, which include the Hi-c CAP with a lifespan “eight times longer than ordinary solid state capacitors”.
The card’s Twin Frozr cooling solution feature:
- Dual 9CM PWM Fans -Dual Large fans provide 40% more airflow than Twin Frozr II to cool down GPU, memory, and power module at once.
- SuperPipe Technology -8mm SuperPipes transfer heat much faster to the fins under the dual PWM fans, and the fans dissipate heat directly from fins.
- Nickel-plated Copper bas – Large Copper base coated with nickel provides the best heat dissipation and the bigger contact area with GPU
- High-Density Fins – Ultra high density aluminum fins have large area for heat dissipation. Heat of GPU will be dissipated to each fin equally.
- Form-in-one Heatsinks – Dual Form-in-one Heatsinks cover on the front and rear of the PCB to dissipate the heat of memory and modules efficiently.
The N480GTX Lightning comes equipped with the MSI-exclusive Afterburner utility (V2.0.0), which allows users to adjust the GPU and memory clocks as well as the voltage of GPU/Memory/PLL2 and according MSI to boosts the OC performance of the N480GTX Lightning up to 34%. The card also feature Dual BIOS and along with XtremeCool can effectively prevent any potential problem under LN2 extreme overclocking. For connectivity, the card propose two DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI gold-plated outputs. Unfortunately no word on pricing yet.