Phoenix International Introduces Solid State Disk VME Mass Data Storage Module
Phoenix International Systems, Inc., today unveiled its new VS1-250-SSD Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)/Serial ATA (SATA) based Solid State Disk VME data storage plug-in blade.
The VS1-250-SSD delivers high capacity, high performance data storage for military, aerospace and industrial applications requiring rugged, secure and durable mass data storage. This 6U, single-slot module houses one or two each 2.5″ SAS or SATA SSDs of up to 256GB per device and can be interfaced through its front panel connector or its P2 connector. The high speed module will sustain R/W data rates of 120MB/sec with an access time of 0.5 msec. The VS1-250-SSD has an operating temperature range from -40o to 85o C and functions at an altitude greater than 80,000 feet. The VS1-250-SSD also complies with current defense department security standards providing multiple levels of secure erase techniques.
As a drop in replacement for a traditional hard disk drive, the VS1-250-SSD offers significantly lower power consumption and eliminates seek time, latency and other electro-mechanical delays commonly associated with conventional rotating media.
Major features of the Phoenix VS1-250-SSD Solid State Disk Module include:
* SAS or SATA SSDs
* Burst data transfer rate to 300MB/sec
* Sustained data transfer to 120MB/sec
* Total capacity to 512GB
* Operational temperature from -40o to 85o C
* Individual point-to-point device connectivity
* Low power consumption
* 1,300,000 MTBF
* Integrated SLC NAND Flash
* Meets military and IRIG 106-07 declassification standards
* Advanced flash management for enhanced reliability and durability
* Front panel or P2 connector data interface
* 80,000 feet operational altitude
* 50g, 11 ms operational shock
* 16g rms, 10-2000Hz random vibration
* Made in USA
Source: Phoenix International