Microsoft presents the Surface Pro 4 tablet computer
The Surface Book is not the only device that Microsoft presented at its event. The company has also launched the new Surface Pro 4 tablet computer. The new device keeps its form-factor but comes with several improvements as it should.
The new Surface Pro 4 is not only larger – it is also thinner. The device now comes with a 12.3-inch display (up from 12 inches) that works at 2736 x 1824 pixels (267 ppi) but the chassis has lost some thickness – it is now just 8.4 mm thick. The tablet computer sports various Intel Skylake processors (Core M3, Core i5 and Core i7 chips), Intel HD graphics depending on the chip inside (Intel HD 515, HD 520 or Iris 540 graphics), 4 GB/8 GB/16 GB of DDR4 memory, 128 GB/256 GB/512 GB/1 TB of SSD storage and Windows 10 out-of-the box. There are two cameras as well – a rear camera at 8 MP and a front one at 5 MP that also sports Windows Hello authentication. The rest of the specs include a USB 3.0 port, a Mini DisplayPort, a microSD port, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 measures 292.10 x 201.42 x 8.4 mm and weighs 766-786 grams. The device will be on the market on October 26 but you can pre-order your Surface Pro 4 now. Here’s what you will have to pay for it:
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core M3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD – USD 899;
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD – USD 999;
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – USD 1299;
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – USD 1599;
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – USD 1799;
- Surface Pro 4, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD – USD 2199;
The price of the model with 1 TB SSD still has to be revealed.