Toshiba Breaks into the 3.5-Inch External HDD Market
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., announced the availability of a new Toshiba 3.5-inch External HDD, marking Toshiba’s first entry into the 3.5-inch external HDD business. The product offers digital consumers and business professionals a stylish and affordable back up device with dual connectivity, robust software features and up to 1TB of capacity from a trusted brand.
“On the heels of successfully building a 2.5-inch external HDD business, we are ready to expand our hard drive expertise into the 3.5-inch HDD market,” said Michael Cassidy, director, accessories and HDD marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “We designed the external hard drive to provide consumers an easy-to-use back up option that not only performs above competition, but is also a stylish accessory for their PC.”
The Toshiba 3.5-inch External HDD features dual connectivity with high-speed USB 2.0 and eSATA ports, as well as a robust software application that offers reliable and easy data protection. In addition, the software package allows consumers to not only back up and restore selected files, but also their entire system.
With its sleek glossy finish, Toshiba designed the 3.5-inch External HDD to match its family of consumer laptops, while the slim form factor design and space-saving footprint conserves desk space. The hard drive is priced competitively at $129.99 MSRP1 for 640GB2 and $159.99 MSRP1 for 1TB2. All versions of the hard drive are PC and Mac compatible and are backed by a Toshiba 3-year standard limited warranty.
Features available on the Toshiba 3.5-inch External HDD include:
- Aesthetic Features
- Slim form factor and foot print to save desk space
- Sleek high gloss finish
- Vaporized metallic silver rim
- LED activity light with white glow effects
- Reliability by Design
- High quality impact resistant ABS+PC material
- Internal dampening system for shock protection
- Power saving mode
- PC and Mac compatible
- Toshiba 3-year standard limited warranty
- Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 6.6-inches (W) x 6.8-inches (L) x 1.34-inches (H)
- 1 High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity
- 1 eSATA connectivity
- 5400 RPM SATA Drive
- Includes easy-to-use Backup Software
- UL approved, USBIF compliant
- FCC compliant and RoHS compatible
- 3.5-inch Desktop External Hard Drive
- USB cable 4 ft & AC adapter
- Hard drive cradle stand
- Backup software (preloaded on drive)
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
AVAILABILITY: Available now through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, retailers, e-tailers and toshibadirect.com.