JVC’s new clear motion drive iii engine powers 2008 top-end procision series lcd tvs
Underscoring its expertise in image processing technology, JVC now offers a line of LCD televisions powered by a JVC-developed next-generation high definition engine, Clear Motion Drive III. The new full HD TVs are part of JVC’s Procision series, a product line that features the company’s most advanced technologies.
At the heart of the new JVC HD engine is the company’s new Genessa 32-bit processor – sixth generation technology and now with significantly higher processing capacity. The results are accurate, vividly colored images and superb motion image quality – critical performance parameters under any conditions, but especially so with high-resolution large-screen displays.
The new JVC Procision LCD TV series is comprised of three 1080p models – the 42-inch LT-42X899, the 47-inch LT-47X899 and the 52-inch LT-52X899. All are currently available.
By developing a sophisticated new image processing algorithm and greatly increasing the bit accuracy of the image processing engine, JVC’s new Procision series LCDs meet the needs created by new-format high-quality sources, display panel evolution beyond 10 bits and the accelerating trend toward larger and larger screens. Several technologies were involved in the development of JVC’s new Clear Motion Drive III engine.
- Real 36-bit (12 bit x 3) Image Processing – The engine’s digital image processing accuracy has been greatly increased. It handles 36-bit Deep Color input at 12 bit x 3 for R, G and B. This allows the engine to achieve a 68-billion color expression capability without image deterioration from digitization.
- Real Bit Driver bit extension technology – JVC’s new bit extension technology takes 8-bit images and turns them into images with 12-bit precision. JVC’s latest generation Genessa signal processing then applies 12-bit processing throughout the entire circuit to reproduce smooth, natural signal gradations without sacrificing the original HD signal.
- i-Clear Motion noise reduction – Conventional 3D noise reduction, which provides a fixed level of noise reduction regardless of noise volume, works well when the image contains no movement, but creates blurring on moving images, and so common practice has been to turn off 3D noise reduction for moving images to avoid this blurring. JVC’s 3D NR improved on this with noise detection and automatic adjustment to deliver the optimum amount of NR. JVC’s new i-Clear Motion NR provides 3D NR for moving images by applying the high-precision motion prediction techniques of the company’s double-speed 120Hz Clear Motion Drive technology. In addition, JVC’s new NR technology detects noise volume in each frequency band. These innovations together provide automatic optimum noise reduction.
- Intelligent HD processing – Further improvements in JVC’s Genessa image processing includes Intelligent Gamma, which fine-tunes contrast in light and dark areas; Intelligent Clear, which ensures crisp, low-noise images; and Real Color Creation, which analyzes the color distribution of each image in real time and reproduces the images the viewer focuses on with more intensely real colors.
- x.v.Color-enabled signal processing – JVC developed its own x.v.Color-enabled signal processing circuity to support the xvYCC international color space standard. This technology makes full use of the displays’ capabilities to produce perceptions of depth-of-field and texture.
In addition to the new Clear Motion Drive III engine, the sets feature a host of other technologies. These include a 120 frames per second frame rate and full HD 24/30p. There are nine video aspect modes, an ATSC/QAM tuning system with a Quick Start-up mode and an illuminated universal remote with direct input access. Also new is a re-designed on-screen display.
Each set includes a full complement of interfaces: three HDMI (v1.3) inputs – two with CEC support, two component inputs, two S-Video inputs, SPDIF input, AV output, PC input, RS-232C interface and an IR (IR receiver) interface. A USB PhotoViewer allows viewing of JPEG photos stored on USB memory.
The sound package for the Procision LCDs includes a power output of 10 watts per channel, twin oblique cone speakers and JVC’s Max Audio sound technology for rich sound with the feel of powerful bass reproduction.
Pricing and availability:
|Model||Availability||National Ad Value|