LG introduced two new HDTV lines
Offering consumers endless entertainment and design possibilities, LG Electronics today unveiled its newest LCD (SL80 series) and LED (SL90 series) HDTVs at the company’s annual Summer Line Show.
Both the SL80 and SL90 series feature a single edge-to-edge panel of glass over an ultra-slim bezel creating a seamless, sophisticated look that turns heads whether the TV is on or off. LG’s exclusive Invisible Speaker design further accentuates the seamless style by eliminating large speaker grills on the front bezel for a more streamlined home entertainment system aesthetic.
“Consumers are looking for stylish technology that fits seamlessly into their existing home environment, without sacrificing the advanced technology they’ve grown accustomed to,” said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing and strategy, LG Electronics USA, Inc. “With the SL80 and SL90, LG has combined the best of design and display technology – transforming the home entertainment experience from something ordinary into something better.”
Reiner explained that LG’s newest line of LCD HDTVs blend beautifully into a variety of home entertainment systems and room environments. In addition to the cutting-edge design, they both incorporate the latest picture technology, convenience and energy saving features, such as Intelligent Sensor, which automatically adjusts the TV’s picture to the lighting conditions in your room, for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
The LG Electronics USA Summer Line Show in New York is the first public showing in the world for the new SL80/SL90 series, which represent a new global flat-panel design platform.
- The SL80 series utilizes slim CCFL technology with TruMotion 240Hz to achieve its dramatically thin profile and provide superior picture quality. Delivering consumers a compelling visual experience, the SL80 series is less than 1.8 inches thick at its slimmest point. The SL80 will be available beginning in August, in 42-, 47-, and 55-inch class screen sizes* at MSRPs of $1,599.95, $1,899.95 and $2,799.95 respectively.
- The SL90’s LED display technology provides enhanced picture quality and energy efficiency. The SL90 series will be released later this year in 42- and 47-inch class screen sizes* at MSRPs to be announced later.
Packing advanced technology into a beautiful design, the SL80 is ideal for movie and sports enthusiasts, incorporating TruMotion 240Hz technology to improve motion picture response time so consumers experience a smoother, more natural picture. For a complete cinematic home experience, the SL80 has a dynamic contrast ratio of 150,000:1 for amazing clarity and color detail, even during fast-action sports and movie scenes.
Extending the seamless design concept of the SL80, LG will introduce the SL90 series of Full HD 1080p LED HDTVs, later this year. At only 1.15 inches thin, the SL90 offers consumers a sleek, slim LED.
With the SL90’s 3,000,000:1 LED Mega Contrast Ratio, consumers can expect superior image quality coupled with unparalleled design. The SL90 series also features LG’s TruMotion 120Hz to reduce motion blur and create more natural looking images. LG offers consumers an LCD HDTV that looks great whether the screen is turned on or off.
The SL80 and SL90 series further extend the consumer experience by providing LG’s four Core Technologies that are easy-to-use including:
- AV Mode II: LG HDTVs include three AV Modes, preset to optimize picture and sound settings based on Cinema, Sports or Game content.
- Invisible Speaker System: Fine-tuned by renowned audio expert Mr. Mark Levinson, LG TVs utilize a unique speaker system that delivers a clean, polished look and enhanced audio with a wider sound field.
- Picture Wizard: Enables easy self-calibration by providing on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements, such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels.
- Clear Voice II: Automatically enhances and amplifies the sound of the human voice frequency range to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells. This can also be personalized with a new 12-step adjustment level.
Smart Energy Savings
As with all of LG’s 2009 HDTVs, the SL80 features Smart Energy Savings technology. The SL80 meets the newest Energy Star® 3.0 ratings and also comes equipped with Intelligent Sensor, which senses the ambient light in the room and adjusts color and brightness accordingly. Additionally, a mechanical on/off switch eliminates standby power consumption completely, if desired.