NEC Introduces Ultra-Narrow Bezel in 46-Inch X461UN Display
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, announced the innovative 46-inch MultiSync® X461UN ultra-narrow professional display.
Ground-breaking Bezel Design Creates Near Seamless Video Walls in Up to 10 x 10 Matrix
The 46-inch large-format display is intended for video wall solutions, where its ultra-narrow bezel allows for a screen-to-screen distance between two neighboring MultiSync X461UN displays of only 7.3 millimeters, a near 500-percent improvement from NEC’s previously revolutionary 34-millimeter MultiSync 20 Series displays. The MultiSync X461UN can be deployed in video wall matrices of up to 10×10, creating a total surface area of approximately 645 square feet. The barely discernable transition gap between displays ensures a homogenous picture across the matrix.
“The ultra-narrow MultiSync X461UN continues NEC’s tradition of ground-breaking bezel design by providing the near seamless experience that is required for optimal, eye-catching performance in video wall matrices,” said Jean McLaughlin, Senior Product Line Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “When used in an impressive tile matrix, the MultiSync X461UN makes for an attention-grabbing display solution. The 46-inch display has been specifically created for rigorous 24/7 use where high reliability is key, and it incorporates a professional-grade panel with a built-in expansion slot, allowing customers flexibility and ease of use.”
The MultiSync X461UN can be combined with many of NEC’s large-format accessories, such as the MPD-SBC-8/16-2 single-board computer, SB-I008WU DVI daisy-chain module or SB-L007KK HD-SDI card. These add-ons provide a cost-effective way to source and manage display content. The NEC accessories’ ability to be fully integrated into the X461UN expansion slot eliminates the need for external distribution equipment and power supply, thus providing for a clean look that simplifies installation and reduces maintenance without compromising quality.
The 46-inch ultra-narrow display is ideal for digital signage in lobbies, broadcasting, public venues, retail areas, transportation applications, and financial environments. Through the optional SpectraView II™ color calibration kit (NEC SVII-PRO-KIT), tiled X461UN displays will have identical color settings, ensuring color uniformity and fidelity across multiple screens and creating a perfectly matched image in tiled environments. Additionally, NEC’s new Network Control and Communication feature enables the highest level of remote display management and includes such features as automatic email notification in which users are alerted to instances like overheating and lamp failure.
Included in the MultiSync X461UN are the following features:
- Professional-grade LCD panel and components for the most formidable digital signage industry requirements
- 1360 x 768 WXGA native resolution in true 16:9 aspect ratio, maximum brightness of 700 cd/m2 and typical contrast ratio of 3000:1
- Ground-breaking ultra-narrow bezel of 7.3 millimeters (screen-to-screen)
- TileMatrixTM, which enables video walls (up to 100 displays in a 10×10 matrix)
- Built-in expansion slot, which allows for seamless integration of current and future NEC accessories and third-party components
- SpectraView II Color Calibration Solution, which ensures color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens, creating a perfectly matched image in tiled environments
- Network Control and Communication, which provides the highest level of remote display management and includes such features as automatic email notification for diagnostic purposes
- Carbon footprint meter, which informs and motivates responsible use of the display by calculating and tracking carbon savings
- CableComp+TM technology, which equalizes the video signal to reduce color distortion and improve sharpness for both analog and digital connections on long cable runs
- Rapid ResponseTM technology, which delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
- Diverse input connectors, allowing for maximum compatibility and flexibility during product implementation
- Optional wall mount and bezel kit
The MultiSync X461UN is backed by a 3-year parts and labor warranty and will be available for April 2009 shipment with estimated street price of $6,000.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.