NEC announced NP4100 professional installation projector
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, announced today the NP4100 professional installation projector, which is designed to take on the most demanding integration projects. This powerful NP Installation Series model is intended to meet the needs of those users who require exceptionally bright light output for large venues and areas with high ambient light.
The NP4100 has the ability to display a high level of brightness at 6200 ANSI lumens, making it appropriate for larger than average screen sizes and rooms with minimal lighting control such as auditoriums, training and network centers. The high brightness gives images enhanced clarity once projected onto the screen, which results in easier, less strained audience viewing.
A complete line of optional bayonet style lenses, which are available for quick and easy exchange, enable users to determine the appropriate lens to create screen sizes from 40- to 500-inches at projection distances between 2.6 and 283 feet. The NP4100 is compatible as either dual- or single-lamp operation, which benefits operations in the event that one lamp fails. It features selectable settings, which allow for multiple light outputs and extend lamp life. The vertical and horizontal lens shift feature allows flexible projector placement to suit the needs of the room.
“This addition to our NP Installation Series fulfills the desires of customers with large rooms that require exceptional performance and an increased brightness level in order to display the image properly,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “The NP4100 is beneficial for the customer who needs a powerful projector that won’t hesitate in providing a strong image for an extended period of time. The abundance of advanced features on the NP4100 allows it to withstand harsh, uncontrollable conditions that many of our customers face.”
The NP4100 combines advanced features and innovative technologies created to extend the life of the projector for increased use at the same rigorous level. ECO Mode™ technology increases lamp life by up to 25% and decreases fan noise, while the Quick Power Off technology protects the lamp during cool down by monitoring the lamp’s temperature and preventing the projector from powering on until the lamp is properly cooled. Its sealed dust-resistant optical system was designed to decrease the long-term effects unwanted particles can have on a projector. This enables the NP4100 to deliver crisp, distortion-free images throughout its lifecycle, even while enduring the rigors of 24/7 applications.
Additionally, the NP4100 includes several security features to prevent unwanted tampering. A cabinet control lock setting allows the user to deactivate buttons on the cabinet to prevent unwanted changes to the projector’s preferred settings. The unit also features a password protection setting that restricts unauthorized use, which is especially useful in educational settings.
A partial list of features of the NP4100 includes:
- 1024 x 768 native resolution
- 2100:1 contrast ratio
- 6200 ANSI lumen brightness
- Power consumption of 315W with single lamp, 580W with dual lamp in ECO Mode
- BrilliantColorTM, which increases system brightness and color saturation while optimizing color gain across the full color gamut
- AutoSenseTM, which automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization
- DynamicBlackTM, which improves the black level of video for further detail in dark scenes
- 4- and 6-segment color wheels for maximum brightness and appropriate color reproduction
- Comprehensive input panel, which includes DVI-D with HDCP, RCA, s-video, component, 15-pin and BNC
- Integrated RJ45 connection, which enables quick and easy LAN connection
- Remote diagnostics, which enable the administrator to monitor and make adjustments to the projector via the network from a remote location
- Variety of bayonet-style lenses, which provide flexibility in throw ratio, projection distance and projection angle
The NP4100 will begin shipping in August 2009 with an estimated street price of $5,499. The projectors ship with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCareTM (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).