Plantronics GameCom 777 Gaming headset with Dolby 7.1 support
Plantronics announced a new version of its GameCom 777 Gaming Headset. The new model offers virtual 7.1 surround sound enabled by Dolby Headphone and Dolby ProLogic® IIx technologies for .
The open-eared gaming headset Plantronics GameCom 777 offers two ways for connection, a plug-and-play USB sound card for a virtual 7.1 experience and analog connection is also provided. The headset also comes with concealed noise-canceling mic, which can easily tucks into the headband when not in use. Compatible with both PC , Mac and VoIP internet programs such as Skype and Google Voice.
- Dolby® Headphone technology delivers a virtual 7-channel audio experience.
- Dolby® USB sound card is the only way to get the 7.1 experience.
- Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings.
- Concealed mic boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it.
- Specially designed earpods redistribute pressure for maximum comfort.
- In-line volume and mic-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment
- Noise-canceling microphone lets you communicate clearly.
- Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore.
“When it comes to headsets, the gaming community demands extreme audio precision and comfort for continuous wearing,” explained Matt Miller, Senior Director, Entertainment Products. “We’ve reunited with Dolby to bring players virtual 7.1 surround sound for a more convincing gaming experience and leveraged our heritage in ergonomic headset design to alleviate discomfort that comes with extended headphone use.”
The Plantronics GameCom 777 Gaming headset will be available this month at www.plantronics.com and at select retailers, but no word on pricing yet.