Olympus unveils E-5 DSLR camera
Olympus announced its new flagship model from E-Series digital SLR camera lineup. The new E-5 professional camera inherits the popular E-3, as well the reliable dust/splash-proof construction and now has 12.3-megapixel High-Speed Live MOS Sensor.
The E-5 body is made of lightweight, rigid “thixomold” magnesium alloy and feature Olympus’s Dust Reduction System, which includes supersonic wave technology that literally shakes off any dirt or dust that gets into the camera and onto the image sensor during lens replacement, as well the powder generated by friction during shutter movement. The camera offers latest TruePic V+ image processor engine with new Fine-Detail Processing technology, features continues multiple exposure, electronic level gauge and imager AF, in-body Mechanical Image Stabilization, ISO range from 100 to 6400, plus new Art Filter, shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec and 720p HD movie functions. You could see your photograph skills on 3-inch VGA HyperCrystal LCD monitor with dual-axis swivelling system and store on CompactFlash Type I and Secure Digital (SDHC / SDXC) cards, allowing also data to be copied between different media and a second card can be used to backup the main card used for recording.
- The world’s fastest AF with 11 Point-Full-Twin Cross AF Sensors
- High-speed shutter of 1/8000 sec., High-speed sequential shooting of 5 frames/sec.
- Responsive Live View shooting featuring imager AF compatible with any Four Thirds System lens and High-Speed Imager AF
- Built-in image stabilization mechanism with compensation up to 5 EV steps
- Ten Art Filters including the new “Dramatic Tone” effect
- Picture modes, including the newly added “i-FINISH” mode, now control Art Filters to add a sophisticated final touch to images
- 720p HD movie and HDMI output for high-quality image
- CF/SD dual slots
- Large optical viewfinder with 100% field of view and 1.15x magnification
- Extended function buttons and “My Set”
- Underwater white balance control
- Copyright owner information input
- 2-frame and 7-frame AE bracketing functions added
- Indication of the level gauge in/on the viewfinder, Control panel, Rear LCD monitor
- Two dials plus cursor keys with high operability convenient for playback view
- Multiple-exposure function to superimpose current view on top of previously captured image
- Built-in flash with Commander function for wireless off-camera flash synchronization
- Durable high-speed shutter tested to 150,000 releases
The new camera will be available from October 2010 at an estimated retail price of $1699.99.