Acer announces its first Windows 10 PCs
Following the launch of the new Windows 10 operating system, Acer has quickly announced its new Windows 10-based back-to-school line of personal computers, including its E line of notebooks. All computers are available for purchase now and will ship in the first week of August.
“Acer is thrilled to be offering a wide range of products featuring Microsoft Windows 10,” said Eric Ackerson, senior product marketing manager, Acer. “Our ability to deliver a seamless user experience through Continuum across multiple devices — notebooks, desktops, tablets and smartphones — is a significant capability our customers are going to love.”
The new Acer E Series notebooks come in two sizes with either 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch displays and in a variety of colors. They notebooks feature the newest Intel mobile processors, up to 16 GB of DDR3 SDRAM, up to 2 TB hard drives or 1 TB SSDs as storage options, GeForce 940M graphics and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity. In addition the E Series offer improved audio and voice capabilities that maximize the Cortana personal digital assistant experience.
The first new E Series notebook models featuring Windows 10 and available for purchase on July 29th include:
- E5-573-58FN – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($499.99)
- E5-573-52US – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($549.99)
- E5-573T-5935 -15.6-inch touchscreen display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($599.99)
- E5-573-395Q – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i3-5015U processor, 4 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($449.99)
- E5-573G-5698 – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 2 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive ($599.99)
- E5-573G-56RG -15.6-inch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 4 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8 GB memory, 1 TB hard drive ($649.99)
They will be quickly followed by additional Windows 10 products shipping later in August, including:
- Switch 10 E 2-in-1 notebook – The new Acer Switch 10 E provides the ultimate in flexibility since it transforms quickly and easily between four usage modes (tablet, notebook, display and tent).
- R 13 Series Convertible Notebooks – Less than 1 inch thin, these lightweight notebooks incorporate the inventive Acer Ezel Aero hinge that allows the 13.3-inch screen to rotate 180-degrees, so it can be used in six different modes (Notebook, Display, Tent, Pad, Ezel and Stand).
- R 11 Series Convertible Notebooks – With an 11.6″ display, the R 11 convertible is compact enough to take anywhere – it fits easily in a purse or backpack, and is an ideal size for using on the road and in crowded spaces. With four distinct modes to choose from (Notebook, Display, Tent or Pad), it provides the flexibility to use it comfortably anywhere.
- Aspire Z3 All-in-One desktop – The Acer Aspire Z3-710 AIO features 10-point multi-touch and a 23.8-inch full HD (1920×1080) LED backlit display in a slim 1.4-inch chassis. Stereo speakers with Acer True Harmony and Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater provide powerful audio, while built-in digital microphones can sense the location of voices to ensure they are heard clearly even with significant ambient noise. It offers comfortable viewing via an adjustable screen that tilts from -5 to 25 degrees.
- Aspire One Cloudbooks – with a starting price of $169 for an 11-inch model, these notebooks are ideal for students and schools. (Additional details will be announced in August.)
In addition to all this Acer has announced that the Liquid M220 smartphone, which now runs Windows 8.1, will be available with Windows 10 Mobile later this fall. The device features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, a 4-inch WVGA display at 480 x 800 pixels (233 ppi) and front and rear cameras.