Dell Introduces the World’s Thinnest, Lightest 16-Inch Laptop, The Latitude Z
Dell intros as they claims “the thinnest, lightest 16-inch notebook in the world” as well “Latitude ON” a hardware-based feature that allows you the full power of your laptop with the flexibility of your smartphone.
“Latitude ON is essentially a motherboard within a motherboard where a separate processor and OS boot into Latitude ON “mode” to provide instant, interactive access to email, contacts, calendar and the Web. And, it hooks into Microsoft Exchange, IMAP, POP and Novell GroupWise email, while delivering battery life that lasts for days, not hours.
- Half an inch thin, 4.5 pounds with a four-cell battery with a lean, tapered design and soft-touch Black Cherry finish;
- World’s first laptop with optional wireless docking, that relies on a UWB radio for point-to-point communications, and inductive charging, which eliminates the need for power cords by using a dynamic power transfer between system primary stand and secondary module. Both will be available in the coming weeks;
- Dell’s first-of-its-kind EdgeTouch allows users to interact with commonly used applications and media controls through a touch interface that is on the edge of the system’s screen;
- Spacious multi-touch touchpad and silky-touch backlit keyboard;
- High-definition (1600×900) WLED display and two megapixel camera featuring Dell Capture technology that allows users to scan and save business cards to Microsoft Outlook contacts and copy documents;
- Dell FaceAware Lock-Out automatically locks out other users when a user steps away from the laptop;
- Ultra-small power adapter;
- Custom bags by Cole Haan and Timbuk2 designed specifically for the Latitude Z;
- Wireless options include WLAN, Bluetooth, optional 3G WWAN.
The Latitude Z is available from 28th september in select countries in Europe and Asia, as well as Canada and the U.S., starting at $1,999.
no images were found
Source: Dell Comminuty