HP adds three new models to HP Mini family Netbooks
HP expanded the award-winning HP Mini family with three new models, offering customers sleek, lightweight companion PCs that come in a variety of configurations and designs.
The HP Mini 110 XP Edition and the HP Mini 110 Mobile Internet (Mi) Edition were designed for Internet-centric consumers, while the HP Mini 1101 is ideal as a companion PC for small and medium-size businesses and frequent business travelers.
The Mini 110 is as stylish as it is mobile, providing consumers with a choice of Pink Chic, Black Swirl or White Swirl HP Imprint finishes, while the Mini 1101 offers business users an elegant, sophisticated Black Swirl design.
“With these new HP Minis, we’re enhancing the customer experience by adding compelling features that allow users to interact with their Mini in a fun way,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Notebooks, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Our broad portfolio of mini companion PCs truly offers customers choices to fit every need and every personality.”
With the broad HP Mini portfolio, including the previously introduced Mini 1000 and Mini 2140, customers have a choice of sleek companion PCs that let them stay connected from virtually anywhere. HP Mini PCs are geared toward information “snacking” and content access, versus the rich content-creation capabilities found in fully functional notebook PCs. They are a complement to HP’s award-winning families of notebook and desktop PCs.
The new Mini models are small enough to slip into most purses, backpacks or briefcases, starting at 2.33 pounds and measuring just over 1-inch thick.(1) With a 10.1-inch diagonal standard or optional high-definition LED widescreen display, a keyboard that is 92 percent the size of a standard notebook PC keyboard, and a built-in webcam and microphone, the new HP Minis are designed for consumers and business professionals who surf the web, check email, listen to music and need access to friends, family, co-workers or information while on the go.
Models offer large hard drive options up to 250 gigabytes (GB), offering plenty of space to store movies, music, applications and files. All models support solid-state drives options as well. A convenient built-in VGA port allows users to connect to an external monitor, while a 5-in-1 digital media slot allows users to transfer files easily from various memory formats.
Powered by either an Intel® Atom processor N270 with 1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or an Intel Atom processor N280 at 1.66-GHz, the HP Mini 110/1101 line offers configure-to-order options on a number of its features.(4)
The three series are as follows:
* The HP Mini 110 XP Edition supports up to 1 GB of memory and either a 32 GB solid-state drive or 160 GB hard drive, as well as optional WWAN. An optional Broadcom Crystal HD Enhanced Video Accelerator is expected to be available in July and will allow users to enjoy 1080p high-definition content.
* The HP Mini 110 Mi Edition is a simple-to-use mobile companion with an HP-developed interface. The Mini 110 Mi comes with applications that enable web browsing, email and online video from the Mi dashboard, minimizing startup time.(2) Favorite websites, photos and music that are added to the dashboard stay live, and the taskbar makes it easy to switch between programs. The Mini 110 with Mi runs on a Linux operating system and supports up to 2 GB memory and up to 250 GB of hard drive storage.
* The HP Mini 1101 offers a wide range of operating systems including Windows® XP Home, XP Pro and Windows Vista®. The Mini 1101 offers two optional batteries: a 3-cell option for the lightest weight configuration or a 6-cell option for battery power that lasts up to twice as long.(6) In addition, the optional integrated HP Mobile Broadband allows users to conveniently access the Internet, corporate intranet, email and mission-critical information around the world.
HP Mini 110 models include the SyncablesTM Desktop solution, which provides effortless, automatic synchronization of music, pictures, videos and other files between an HP Mini and a primary notebook or desktop PC.
With up to six hours of battery life, the HP BX06 Mini Battery allows users to maintain an ultra-mobile lifestyle and work, play and surf longer without losing power. The battery is expected to be available as a $40 upgrade option while configuring on www.hpdirect.com starting June 10.
Protective and stylish Mini Series Sleeves in Pink Chic and Black Swirl protect the Mini from dust. The slim design allows easy transport by hand and can fit nicely into a bag. The black Mini Series Sleeve is currently available for purchase; the Pink Chic sleeve is expected to be available on June 30. Both Mini Series Sleeves are priced at $19.99.
The HP Essential USB Port Replicator allows customers to attach external PC devices with a single connection and is expected to be available in the United States this summer for $79.99.
Pricing and availability
* The HP Mini 110 XP Edition and the Mini 110 with Mi are expected to be available in Black Swirl in the United States on June 10 via www.hpdirect.com/go/mini with a starting price of $329.99 and 279.99, respectively.
* The HP Mini 110 XP is expected to be available in Pink Chic and White Swirl in the United States on July 8 via www.hpdirect.com/go/mini, pricing to be determined.
* The HP Mini 1101 in high-gloss black starts at $329 and is expected to be available June 1.
Data sheets and images of the HP Mini products announced today are available at www.HP.com/personal.