WD Introduces New Limited Edition My Passport Essential Portable Hard Drives
The world leader in external storage solutions, Western Digital, introduced today new Limited Edition 500 GB My Passport Essential Portable Hard Drives. The introduced portable hard drives are going to be available exclusively at Best Buy and at the Western Digital store.
The drives are designed for students, and by students, at the California State University. They are available in styles like Boom Box, Black Hole, Cityscape, Fuchsia Leaf and Wave.
The portable hard drives are compatible with the Windows operating system and also include the WD SmartWare software.
“The contents of individuals’ portable storage contain all the ways they express themselves – music, images, and videos – and tell a story about who they are,” said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing of WD’s branded products group. “Expressing individual style is important. That’s why we teamed up with California State University, Long Beach design students, who have their finger on the latest fashion trends.”
The drives also come with a user-selected password protection combined with a 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
The new WD My Passport Essential Limited Edition Portable Hard Drives are available in 500 GB with a two-year limited warranty for the price of $119.99.
- Five unique designs that let consumers express their individuality;
- 256-bit hardware encryption for peace of mind knowing that data is protected from unauthorized access;
- USB 2.0 interface that powers1 the drive directly from the USB port on a user’s computer (no separate power supply is needed);
- Planet-friendly packaging derived from recycled materials to minimize waste;
- Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs; and,
- A 2-year limited warranty.