Dell Streak debuts in US, available August 13 for $300 with AT&T contract
The pre-orders for Dell’s Streak 5-inch tablet, starts on Thursday with pricing – $299 with an two-year AT&T contract, or $549 without.
The Dell Streak will ship to customers in the US with Android 1.6. and later Dell will offer an over-the-air upgrade to Android 2.2 later this year. The Android-based tablet has dimensions of 6 x 3.1 x 0.4 in, feature a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch (800×480) display, it is powered by 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, supports GSM / EDGE 1900 / 1800 / 900 / 850 MHz, HSDPA / HSUPA:HSDPA 7.2 Mbps / HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, Micro SD slot and have a two cameras – 5.0M Rear-Facing Auto-Focus Camera with dual LED flash and VGA front-facing camera.
DELL STREAK FEATURES:
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display
- Easily integrated social media apps: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- High resolution 5 MP camera, VGA front facing camera, removable battery, built-in Wi-Fi, 3G and Bluetooth connectivity options
- 2GB of internal storage provides plenty of space to access and download Google Android Market’s many options
- Packaged with cushions made from 100 percent sustainable, compostable bamboo
Here’s a couple Dell Streak accessories you’ll be able to order through Dell.com:
The Car Dock Kit:
- Use your new tablet as your portable navigation device safely and in comfort, with the Streak car docking kit. Features an adjustable, flexible arm for ergonomic placement and comes with a mount to securely attach to your dashboard or windscreen.
The Home Audio/ Video Dock:
- Easily sync your Streak Tablet your PC and Charge your Streak device at the same time Connect via HDMI to enjoy video, music and photos on your HDTV
- HDMI/charging dock, charging cable, sync cable, UK & EUR adapters
It cost $69.99. An HDMI cable is available for an additional cost.