Sony Ericsson Yendo, first full touch Walkman phone
The first full touch Walkman phone from Sony Ericsson is now announced. The new Yendo measures 93.5 x 52 x 15.8 mm and weights 81 grams and nevertheless it appear has the same four corner touch UI like as the X10 mini, it running Sony Ericsson Proprietary operating system.
Sony Ericsson Yendo boasts ARM946 @ 156Mhz CPU, 2.6-inches TFT (320×240 pixels) touchscreen display,Walkman with Touch TrackID, MediaGo and PlayNow features, FM radio, Bluetooth, social networking integration -Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, 2.0megapixel camera and offer up to 3.5hrs talk time.
“With more than 140 million Walkman™ phones sold world-wide and touch screen technology increasingly gaining popularity, we have listened to consumers and provided them with the perfect combination – the first full touch Walkman™ phone, the Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™. Marrying the popular four corner UI debuted on the successful Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 mini, with our award winning Walkman™ phone experience, consumers now have a unique Communication Entertainment experience.” Said Jenny Maltesson, Global Product Marketing Manager, Sony Ericsson.
- Touch Walkman™ player – music at fingertips
- Touch TrackID™ – find out the name of that song with just one touch
- PlayNow™ – access favourite and new songs quickly and easily
- MediaGo – transfer your music from a PC to the mobile phone
- Four corner UI – access Walkman™ player, contacts, keypad and more with just one touch
- Easy navigation – easy access to your favourite web pages
- Express yourself with one of the ten RTL colours
- Social networking – Facebook™ or Twitter™ away
- 3.5mm stereo jack – play personal
The Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™ will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours: Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, White and Yellow.