NEC ships 3D ready NP115 DLP projector
NEC America announced a new addition to NP Value Series projectors – the NP115, which will replace the successful NP110 model designed for growing small-to-medium businesses and education environments.
The NP115 offers 2500-lumen brightness, its 3D-Ready, packs 7-watt speaker and features ECO ModeTM technology, which extends the lamp life up to 5000 hours and lowers power consumption to 0.49 watts in standby mode. The NP115 includes a variety of automatic features, such as quick start (3-4 seconds) and shutdown technology, allowing immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period.
“The NP Value Series combines both necessary and supplemental features into easy-to-transport models,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “Not only does the NP115 offer proper connectivity, essential features and enhanced hardware to display bright, concentrated images, it expands its application in educational settings with 3D-Ready capability.”
Features of the NP115 includes:
- Native resolution of 800×600 SVGA
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1
- 2500 lumens brightness
- Power consumption of 242 watts (217 watts in ECO Mode and 0.49 watts in standby mode)
- Up to 5000 hours of lamp life (in ECO Mode)
- Comprehensive input panel, which connects with computer (component video using 15-pin adapter), composite video and S-Video
- BrilliantColorTM technology, which increases system brightness and color saturation while optimizing color gain across the full color gamut
- 3D-Ready DLP Link technology, which encourages interactivity and increases available applications when combined with active shutter glasses (NP01GL)
- Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- Filter-free design, which eliminates the need to monitor and change filters
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- Green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch between settings easy
Backed by a standard two-year parts and labor warranty and 1 year or 500 hours for the lamp, the NP115 will begin shipping in July 2010 with an MSRP of $599.