Pentax rolls out Optio E80 and P80 wallet-friendly compact digital cameras
PENTAX Imaging Company has announced the latest models of two of its most popular, feature-rich, wallet-friendly compact digital cameras. The ultra-slim and stylish PENTAX Optio P80 digital camera features a lightweight design in three fashionable colors including Black, Pearl, and Mint. The new entry-level PENTAX Optio E80 features a large, easy-to-view 2.7 inch LCD monitor, beginner-friendly controls and high resolution widescreen HD video capture.
PENTAX Optio P80
The new Optio P80 is the latest model of the popular Optio P series of digital compact cameras, and features a slim, lightweight body with advanced features including:
- 12.1 megapixel CCD for detailed images, large prints, and cropping flexibility.
- PENTAX 4X wide angle optical zoom is equivalent to 27.5-110mm focal length.
- Large 2.7 inch LCD with 230,000 dot resolution for accurate composition and playback of still images and video.
- High resolution, widescreen, HD video capture up to 720p at a full-speed 30 frames per second.
- PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) technology features Pixel Track SR, Digital SR, and Movie SR to stabilize images and video for beautiful, blur-free results.
- Fast Face Detection technology sees up to 32 faces in as little as 0.03 seconds for easy portrait photography.
- Smile Capture automatically captures pictures when your subject smiles, and Blink Detection alerts you if your subject’s eyes are closed during the exposure.
- PENTAX Auto Picture mode automatically selects from eight shooting modes for beautiful images in any setting.
- Sensitivity up to ISO 6400 boosts shutter speeds to freeze subject movement for blur-free images even in low lighting.
PENTAX improved the Face Detection AF & AE function on the P80 to now capture subject faces from an angle. And, a more responsive version of the Auto-Tracking AF function helps keep an active subject in constant focus.
PENTAX Optio E80
The PENTAX Optio E80 comes equipped with a host of user-friendly features and functions to make high-quality digital photography effortless even for first-time digital camera users. These include easy-to-press, large control buttons, the PENTAX original Auto Picture mode that automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene and
world-standard AA-size batteries as a power source. Optio E80 features include:
- 10 megapixel CCD for detailed images, large prints, and cropping flexibility.
- Large 2.7 inch, 230,000 dot LCD for accurate composition and review of still images and video.
- PENTAX 3X wide angle optical zoom lens is equivalent to 32-96mm focal length.
- High resolution, widescreen HD video capture at 720p at 15 frames per second with sound.
- ISO sensitivity up to 6400 speeds up shutter response to freeze subject movement, providing sharp images even in very dim lighting.
- Easy to read camera menus may be customized with many different language options.
- Face Detection for perfectly focused and exposed portraits.
Available in the Black, Pearl, and Mint, the Optio P80 will be available in September 2009 at $199.95 USD. Available in Silver or Black, the Optio E80 will be available in September 2009 at $129.95 USD.