Alienware M11x gets CPU upgrade and NVIDIA Optimus
Dell upgrades its 11-inch gaming laptop Alienware M11x with Intel’s Core i3, i5 , Corei7 32nm processors andQS57 chipset, giving it more power for game enthusiasts.
The new CPU options are also over-clockable beyond the standard specification to help maximize performance. The Stealth Black Alienware M11x with distinctive AlienFX illuminated keyboard also get NVIDIA Optimus technology, which makes switching from the integrated Intel HD Graphics Media Accelerator to GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics “seamlessly and transparently”.
“The Alienware M11x is the perfect go-anywhere laptop for people who want to play today’s most popular and demanding games in high definition. With the new Core i7 processor and high-performance discrete graphics that can kick in when needed, gamers can get a stunning visual experience and fast-action play wherever they are without sacrificing long battery life for less intensive activities,” said Arthur Lewis, general manager, Dell gaming products. “It’s a challenge to make the world’s most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop even better, but we’ve done it.”
- Lightning-fast processor options, up to Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost technology and over-clockable1
- NVIDIA Optimus technology for dynamic switching between standard 1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics4 and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- 11.6-inch Widescreen HD LED color display 1366×768 (720p)
- Up to 8GB4 DDR3 800Mhz memory
- Up to 500GB5, 7,200RPM hard drive or 256GB5 Solid State Drive
- Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound audio
- Optional wireless Bluetooth 2.1
- A range of output ports including DisplayPort/HDMI Port, USB 2.0, 1394a and Ethernet RJ-45
- 8-cell prismatic (64whr) primary battery
- AlienFX illuminated keyboard
- Built-in WiFi with optional mobile broadband
- Choice of Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow colors with laser-engraved owner nameplate
The Alienware M11x is available at www.dell.com, starting at $799.