Nokia and AT&T announce the Surge
Now you can carry your clique with you in your pocket. AT&T* and Nokia announced the availability of the Nokia Surge, a socially supercharged smartphone powered by the nation’s fastest 3G network. Available online and in AT&T stores on July 19, the Nokia Surge is an ideal device for active consumers who like to stay connected whether using IM, text or email, sending multimedia messages, AT&T Video Share, or updating and connecting via their favorite social networks.
With a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard in a slim, stylish design and Symbian S60 multi-tasking capabilities, Nokia Surge is the ideal smartphone for today’s customer who is always in touch with their social circle. A recent survey commissioned by Nokia revealed that people are so hooked on staying in touch that they would rather give up coffee and sweets than live without their mobile for two weeks.**
In addition to an impressive suite of messaging capabilities, the Nokia Surge offers a powerful browsing experience, including Flash support to view most sites in full HTML or watch YouTube videos. Nokia Surge allows users to post messages, images, videos, and comments to web sites like Facebook on-the-go with the pre-installed JuiceCaster application.
“Launching at 79.99 USD with a complete email solution, downloadable applications and full HTML browser with Flash support, Nokia Surge hits the sweet spot between a quick messaging phone and a smartphone because of its low-price and strong feature set,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.
“Designed in the U.S., this socially charged smartphone comes in a sleek slide form factor that supports social networking and messaging – and all on an open platform,” said David Petts, vice president and general manager, AT&T Account, Nokia. “Together with AT&T, we’re excited to address the increasing demand for smartphones with a device that’s as attractive to the customer as it is to his or her wallet.”
The Nokia Surge offers multimedia and entertainment features, including:
– 2.0 megapixel camera – Customers can capture quality photos with color camera and 4X digital zoom
– AT&T Navigator – AT&T Navigator provides audible turn-by-turn directions, monitors traffic and alerts users when there is a slowdown or incident
– AT&T Mobile Music – Customers can listen and download their favorite music from Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, XM Radio and more over the air
– AT&T Video Share – The first-ever service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
– JuiceCaster – Customers can share videos and pictures from their wireless device to the Web’s most popular sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
The Nokia Surge will be available through select AT&T retail locations or at www.wireless.att.com for 79.99 USD with a two-year service agreement and after a mail-in rebate. (Pay 129.99 USD and after mail-in rebate receive 50.00 USD AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement for wireless voice plan of 39.99 USD a month or higher and data plan of 30.00 USD a month or more required for rebate.) For more information, please go to www.att.com/nokiasurge. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.